Who Can Join?
FMCU provides all the benefits of a member-owned financial institution to all employees and persons related by blood, adoption, or marriage with a person within the common bond, and to the surviving spouses of deceased members. Members of an employee's immediate family or household members are also eligible to join. We proudly serve employees of the following groups:
- Citizens and Military Personnel assigned to and employed by the Department of Defense, Installations, Garrisons, Organizations, and Activities of a permanent classification which are located in the Atlanta Metro Area and paid from military appropriated funds (and also to include non-appropriated fund personnel located at Ft. McPherson, GA) and Ft. Gillem
- Employees of the City of East Point, including the Mayor and Council members.
- MARTA Personnel and contractors
- Harmon Brothers
- Invest Company
- All American Quality Foods - Food Depot
- Residents of East Point
- Residents of Henry County
- Those residing or working on the property formally identified as Fort McPherson Army Base.
Employer and Employee Benefits
Membership in FMCU is an ongoing benefit to employees and associates of participating companies or groups. As a full-service financial institution, the credit union:
- Provides security for funds, with accounts insured up to at least $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. government agency.
- Offers a full line of products and services.
- Provides dependable, friendly, personalized service.
- Provides printed materials for the introduction and promotion of services.
- Offers convenience.
- Increases members' knowledge of financial options.
- Extends membership privileges to family members.
- Places members' interests first.
- Keeps up with growing trends and changes in financial field.
- Dedicated to researching and acquiring advances in technology and financial products.